Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Posted Mar 01
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Endwell, NY apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Endwell, NY.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Position Title Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Location Endwell, NY
Salary Based on experience
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To accurately maintain flow of inventory
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Monitor vendor orders and shipping status
* Continual monitoring vendors for best cost pricing
* Receiving of shipments
* Documentation of internal equipment coming in and out (pick tickets)
* Inventory control
* Labeling equipment with part number, serial number, order number and customer location
* Creating proposals
* Updating configurator
* Creating item numbers
* Ordering equipment including creating purchase orders, supply orders and Internet orders
* Packing and shipping equipment and tracking to completion
* Creating hardware requests
* Completing and processing hardware request and addendums
* Maintain accounting database with above information
* Maintain records for loaners and rental equipment using Transfer and Loan slips
* Maintain records for internal movement of items
* Contact vendors for quotes
* Processing Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA) and call tags
* Keeping customer files up-to-date
* Send equipment for repair
* Prepare PFS
* Building maintenance
* Monitor storm drain across the street
* Update instruction manuals as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Customer service skills
* Communication skills
* Organization skills
* Computer skills
* Problem solving skills
* Accounting knowledge
* Positive attitude.
* Patience and confidence
* Ability to work under stressful situations.
* Ability to resolve problems in a timely and logical manner.
* Change from one task to another without efficiency loss.
* Can take direction from others.
2+ years of experience in receiving and shipping