Senior Project Manager - Mechanical Construction
Posted Jan 31
Position Title Senior Project Manager - Mechanical Construction
Location Edgewood, Maryland
Manage, supervise and coordinate Project Managers regarding project activities, subcontractor and employees engaged in the assembly, installation, and repair of HVAC piping, sheet metal, refrigeration systems, water, sanitary and drainage systems in Multi-family, commercial, government and institutional mechanical projects.
* Review contracts and thoroughly understand company contractual rights, remedies, and responsibilities. These details include: scope of work, project schedule and liquidated damages, change order procedures, payment agreements and insurance requirements.
* Manage financial aspects of contracts such as fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc., to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
* Maintain job costs control.
* Manage total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design and budget. Interface with client representatives, architects, engineers, other contractors, etc. Create a manpower loaded progress schedule and labor activity codes. Input shall be from the five-week look ahead schedule from the foreperson. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of superintendents to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situation and implement corrective measures. Monitor project to assure timely completion of work.
* Plan, organize and staff key field positions in accordance with profitability goals.
* Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy
* Monitor performance in meeting our client's requirements and improve processes as necessary.
* Drive business growth by managing and motivating Project Managers to exceed performance expectations with all customers to include, prime client, sub contractor's etc...
* Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and architect/engineer, to facilitate construction activities.
* Enforce company and client safety regulations.
* Represent company in project meetings/strategy meetings, etc.
* Analyze and resolve work problems.
* Report progress, estimate deviations, and customer complaints to CEO.
• Individual should be able to: Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy;
• Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how the installation is to look as a solid object with height, width, and depth;
• Handle a variety of duties which may change often; and rate information using measurable standards.
• 5+ years of Project Management experience involving the assembly, installation, and repair of HVAC piping, sheet metal, refrigeration systems, water, sanitary and drainage systems in Multi-family, commercial, government and institutional mechanical projects.
• Project Management experience at the subcontractor level.