This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Wilton, NY apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Wilton, NY.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Position Title Senior Project Manager / Estimator - Environmental
Location Wilton New York
This position involves all estimating and management of environmental construction projects.
* Follow and reinforce company safety policies.
* Read, review, and evaluate projects to bid for risk, schedule and chance of success.
* Reviews plans and specifications to determine scope and resources necessary to complete the proposal.
* Attend pre-bid meetings with the owner, vendors and subcontractors.
* Develop a complete and accurate bid proposal including; quantity take-off; crew composition; material and subcontractor pricing.
* Compare bid pricing to historical data.
* Review project methods, costing and schedule with supervisor.
* Lead a team of estimators on large or complex projects.
* Develop a project D/M/WBE subcontracting plan.
* The complete preparation of bid documents.
* Help prepare post bid documentation for award.
* Prepare and maintain the project budget.
* Negotiate material purchase and subcontracts.
* Develop and maintain the project CMP schedule.
* Represent the company in communications with the owner, engineer, suppliers and subcontractors.
* Develop and manage project documentation.
* Manage billings and change orders.
* Prepare project financial statements.
* Visit project sites to observe construction methods
* Communicate and reinforce the company vision, values and goals.
* Position may require travel.
* A Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering, environmental management or in construction management preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in project management.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a supervisory role.
* A record of successfully estimating and managing construction projects between the $5M to $40M.
* Have a working knowledge of means & methods, crew composition and production rates for environmental construction.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CMP scheduling software.
* The ability to work with and lead a team to complete projects with in stated deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
* Position may require travel