Posted Mar 01
Upper Saddle River, NJ
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Upper Saddle River, NJ apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Upper Saddle River, NJ.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Position Title Logistics Specialist
Location Upper Saddle River NJ
Under the direction and supervision of the Logistics Supervisor, the Logistics Specialist is responsible for all aspects of assigned accounts by processing domestic shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. Assist with duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process goods and provide timely delivery. The Logistics Specialist ensures that all goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner. The Logistics Specialist is responsible for planning transportation routes, warehousing, selecting the modes of transportation, tracking shipments from pick-up through delivery and looking to reduce costs and maximize savings. The Logistics Specialist will be trained on the Oracle Transportation Management System for processing outbound loads.
• Must be responsible for and expediting shipments to meet customer's requirements.
• Responsible for organizing daily logistical operations, order fulfillment and distribution.
• Plans and schedules inbound and outbound shipments to customers.
• Schedule pickups, tracking and tracing of freight ensuring goods are delivered intact and on-time.
• Provide bill of lading documentation inclusive of POD's via email and phone communication.
• Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and carriers.
o Prepares proper paperwork for billing, and ensures proper authorization has been obtained for invoicing, billing, and shipments as outlined by the SOPS (Standard Operating Processes).
o Works with various carriers, steamship lines, brokers on a daily basis.
• Obtain and maintain rate quotes for Domestic and International shipments.
o Develop relationships with other offices, personnel, customers, vendors, and agents.
o Communicates the status to supervisors and managers in regard to shipments, planning sales, customer's service, and loss/damage reports.
o Prepare various reports for supervisors and managers including Return Authorizations and processing of freight claims when necessary.
o Inside sales support with Director of Business Development to assist in the growth and development of customers.
• BS/BA degree preferred or comparable transportation/logistics experience.
• 3 years of experience in logistics transportation
• Proficient in various PC applications such as Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must possess excellent customer service, phone communication, written and verbal skills.
• Have experience with negotiating with carriers
• Must be detailed oriented and ability to meet deadlines.