Heavy Equipment Technician
Posted Jan 11
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Raleigh, NC apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Raleigh, NC.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Position Title Heavy Equipment Technician
Location Raleigh, NC
This position is responsible for the repair of construction machines, component assemblies, and parts in the shop and field, including diagnosing, parts ordering, technical report writing, warranty reporting, maintaining care of company assets, and proper communication with others.
• Repairs equipment and components, including
• Development of a repair plan and sequence
• Determining necessary parts, materials, tooling, etc.
• Performing repairs properly and safely, with proper quality assurance testing of repair component or system and machine
• Maintains and completes all necessary reports legibly and in a timely fashion for parts ordering, special tooling usage, daily service reports, and work order closure
• Communicates progress of repair with direct supervisor as required
• Retrieves and returns parts and/or materials through Company's parts ordering system
• Retrieves and returns special tools through Company's Tool Room. Maintains proper care and use of special tools including major shop equipment, such as but not limited to, air compressor, cleaning tanks, overhead and jib cranes, etc.
• Uses Company vehicle, service truck, and fuel cards properly
• Maintains work area and/or service vehicle in a safe and clean manner
• Maintains tools and tool carrier in a safe, productive and updated manner
• Follows all company policies and procedures
• Observes all safety guidelines
• Performs other tasks as assigned by manager
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
• Associate Degree in Diesel or Equipment Technology or four (4) Years of apprenticeship experience
• Technician Classification is based on experience, knowledge, and competence