This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of New York, NY apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from New York, NY.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Position Title Field Salesperson - Industrial Sales
Location New York City (will base from home so anywhere in or around NYC)
Salary Base plus commission
• Sell services and products in an amount established mutually between Management and the FSR in the annual sales plan.
• Manage assigned Accounts and the focal point for the Company.
• Build relationships with customers commensurate with each customer's potential.
• Coordinate information from customers to the appropriate Operation.
• Operate efficiently and effectively with a minimum of supervision.
• Maintain a professional posture with all customers.
• Meet or exceed sales goals in each product segment established annually.
• Maximize the Company's market share in assigned territory.
• Recognize the need to sell value so as to maintain profit margins.
• Develop a superior image of the Company.
• Develop a Sales Plan on an annual basis, and set up a series of calls on each account that is proportional to its potential of sales.
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of services and products offered by the company divisions.
• Plan calls weekly and geographically to minimize unproductive time.
• Have an objective for each sales call, using specific well-thought out presentations.
• Furnish daily sales reports detailing discussions with customer contacts.
• Follow up on all applicable quotations, and update the quote report weekly.
• Maintain an accurate customer list and mail list using the Goldmine system.
• Have a working knowledge of MS Office software and computer basics.
• Assist with the collection of overdue A/R when requested by A/R supervisor.
• File Market Information Reports (MIRs) to keep management informed of customer complaints and market developments.
• Follow up promptly on assigned sales leads.
• Maximize opportunities for selling company's complete line of products.
• Keep accurate records of travel, mileage, and sales-related expenses. File monthly.
• Fully understand all company sales and credit policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in trade organizations as assigned by supervisor.
• Have knowledge of competing products and companies.
• Maintain an inventory of current samples, demos, promotional pieces, advertising material. Have necessary sales tools in the car.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and reasonably formal appearance; take reasonable precautions to insure good health. Keep your automobile clean and neat.
• Ability to work up labor and material estimates.
• Ability to perform start-up on specified equipment.
• 5+ years of industrial sales experience in the New York City area including electric motors, transformers, switch gears, pumps or similar.